Anam Yoga provides:
- 60 or 90 minute yoga classes, tailor-made to suit the needs of the participants, creating a space for the individual to recharge in the workplace.
- 1 day/half day introductory sessions of Yoga (at staff conferences, away days, seminars)
- Introduction to meditation sessions
Yoga is fast becoming mainstream in Ireland and is now readily recommended by health care professionals for back pain, asthma and stress. A recent survey from the European Agency for Health and Safety at work reported that work related stress is the second biggest occupational health problem across Europe, second only to back pain. Forward thinking companies offering Yoga as a solution, are seen by employees to be tackling some of the root-causes of stress, as well as taking a personal interest in their well-being.
A typical yoga class designed for the workplace will provide the following:
- Ways to identify stress signals
- Exercises that alleviates tension before it builds into stress
- Simple but effective techniques for relaxation and creating a clear mind
- Breathing techniques that support healthy “mood management”
- Exercises to keep muscles toned and build self esteem
- Ways to build physical and mental stamina by learning to economize the energy produced by our body
- Techniques that improve posture and allow energy to flow throughout the body
- A large clean room with good ventilation, that can accommodate up to 20 people lying down. This room must be away from distractions and people not participating in the class.
- Ideally not fluorescent lighting.
- Access to sockets, for a sound system
- Each student requires a yoga mat. These can be purchased at Sports Store or can be ordered through Anam Yoga.
To discuss, please contact Siobhan Shinnors on 087 7714938
Previous & Current Clients Include:
- Proctor & Gamble, Nenagh
- Foróige Youth Group, Nenagh
- University of Limerick, Limerick;
- O2 Communications, Plassey Technological Pk;
- QAD, Plassey Technological Park;
- GECAS Ltd., Shannon, Co. Clare;
- Brothers of Charity, Bawnmore, Limerick;
- Southill Youth Training Project, Limerick;
- Limerick Travellers Development Project, Limerick;
- HSE: Iniscara Day Centre, Limerick
- Kilfinane Outdoor Education Centre, Co. Limerick